|Last Update: 2-24-2006
27″ cabinet kit assembly instructions
READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT THROUGH BEFORE ATTEMPTING ASSEMBLY
STEP 1 – Inventory the cabinet parts.
- Side Panel (qty 2)
- Front Panel
- Wood Coin door (not shown)
- Rear upper panel
- Rear door
- Rear lower panel
- Marquee light-box rear panel
- Cabinet Roof Panel
- Speaker Grille Panel
- Monitor Shelf (qty 2)
- Base/Floor (not shown)
Also included in the kit:
- T-molding (optional)
- L brackets (approximately 10)
- Twist-lock connectors (approximately 24)
- Twist-lock studs (approximately 24)
- Support braces #1 16″ (qty 10)
- Support braces #2 15″ length (qty 2)*
- Support braces #3 25.5″ length (qty 2)
- Support braces #4 20″ length (aprox)
- Rear door lower assy brace 23.5″ length
- Universal monitor mounting frame
- Regular sized and very short Phillips head #2 screwdrivers
- Power screwdriver such as Makita or DeWalt or equivalent driver.
- A Hammer or mallet
Additional parts to be provided by customer:
- 1 1/4″ #8 Wood Screws
- 5/8″ #6 Wood Screws
- Quality Wood Glue
- Additional support brackets
*Note: Early kits do not include #2 braces, they have extra #1 braces.
**Note: there are new monitor braces and a frame to support universal mount monitors. They replace the rearmost vertical braces.
Step 2 – Install support braces in both side panels (A)
- To install braces, apply wood glue to underside, place within the pre-cut location and attach using power screwdriver with three #8 wood screws through the holes provided. Ensure that each brace is seated against the side of the pre-cut location firmly as shown in each photo. The logic here is that the edge of the wood rests against the edge of the cut for greater strength.
- Attach support braces #1 to rear door locations on side panels (A) as shown.
The rear door braces should be placed against the cut towards the rear of the cabinet.
- Install monitor shelf braces in the pre-cut location towards the bottom of of the cabinet.
- All cabinets made after 5/03 have a universal mount monitor frame, our horizontal mount monitor model has been discontinued and will not be supported.
- 27″ universal mount monitor
- Install monitor horizontal #1 braces in the precut locations under the vertical brace locations. Ensure that these braces are centered and braced against the edge closest to the BOTTOM of the cabinet. Install another set of braces (rotated 180 degress to offset the screw holes) on top of the first set. Effectively doubling the braces.
- Install monitor vertical #3 braces in the precut locations torwards the TOP and REAR of the cabinet. These go in the rear vertical slots. Leave room at the bottom for the 2 monitor shelf panels to slide between these braces and the shelf braces below.
- Install support braces #3 to lower location on side panels (A) as shown
Ensure they are centered and placed against the top of the cut and away from the bottom of the side panel.as pictured.
- Install support brace #1 to back panel F (with wood glue and #8 wood screws as shown
- Install rear door lower assy brace on the bottom of the door
- Allow glue to dry and then proceed.
Step 3 – Install Twist-lock connectors and main panels:
- Install twist-lock connectors into holes on cabinet panels B, D, F, H, I as shown here
ensure that the opening in each connector is lined up with the side of the panel.
- Install twist-lock studs in both side panels (A) using #2 phillips screwdriver.
The locations are easily identified as they are pre-drilled.
You can use a power screwdriver but be careful not to over-tighten as they are likely to strip if too much torque is applied.
- Seat and attach panels B, D, F, H, I to side panel and lock with twistlocks.
- When assembling you insert a screwdriver into the twist lock and twist clockwise until tight to secure connector
- After attaching the lower panels install the other side panel (A) to the other side of the panels and lock twist-lock connectors.
Step 4 – Install base and monitor shelf
Step 5 – Install metal L brackets
- L brackets are to be installed on each panel between all twist-lock connectors and on _all_ interior corners. Use 5/8″ #6 Wood Screws to secure the brackets to the cabinet.
- Install marquee light board with L brackets above the front twist locks.
- Additional braces are available for purchase if you require more than what is included with the kit.
This document is a DRAFT and is not the final release. It may contain errors or omissions.
Gregory McGill and arcadeshopper.com take no responsibility for mistakes made by customers during the assembly process. I am not responsible for any errors or omissions in this document. If you find an error please EMAIL ME and I will correct it on the web page.
USE YOUR HEAD and some common sense when assembling your cabinet and you will do fine. It is very straight forward.
If you need replacement parts or find parts are missing in your kit EMAIL ME and I’ll make sure you get what you need. Replacement parts are available at additional cost as are additional brackets or twist-lock connectors.
Replacement parts for parts damaged in shipment are covered by shipping insurance and must be claimed with the shipping company for re-embursement of damages. I am not responsible for any damage that occurs during shipping.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 06 November 2008 16:33
Posted in: Arcade emulation FAQS