Can I hook up a printer to my TI?
Sure with the following cards/addons you can hook up a printer.
- TI RS232 PEB card has two serial ports and one parallel port.
- TI RS232 sidecar has two serial ports
- Boxcar made a side port serial/parallel interface that was the same as TI’s but much smaller
- NanoPEB has a single serial port that is the same as a PC serial port. 9 pin
- CF7 has a single parallel port that is the same as a PC parallel port 25 pin
- There was a cartridge based program that included a cartridge based parallel port, these are relatively rare.
- Axiom made a printer interface that plugs into the side port, one for sale here:
If you don’t have a printer, you can use the program TI PRINT from Fred Kaal to use your PC’s printer with your TI. You just need a serial port (same as the HDX set up) and this software: http://www.ti99-geek.nl/Projects/ti99print/ti99print.html
ALSO TIPI includes color epson printer emulation you just print to the device PI.PIO as you would a normal printer and it will generate a PDF automatically of your print job. files are found at \\TIPI\PDF
You can order a TI parallel cable here: